Knowledgeable Pennsylvania Divorce Lawyer Provides Guidance and Advice
Dedicated attorney helps individuals in Northeastern Pennsylvania with divorce, support, alimony, alimony pendente lite, custody and more
Divorce is never easy, even when both partners agree that it’s the right decision. The dissolution of a marriage involves crucial decisions about how your shared property will be divided and how your children will be cared for. At Hughes, Nicholls & O'Hara, my goal is to help clients in the Lackawanna, Luzerne, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming Counties and throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania to get through their divorces without added stress or difficulty. My knowledge of Pennsylvania laws and practices enables me to provide advice on all aspects of divorce, and to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Committed advocate strives for fair support and property arrangements
At Hughes, Nicholls & O'Hara, I will work to develop the best possible solutions for all aspects of your divorce, which may include:
- Child custody and visitation — Court orders determine where your child will live, how parenting time will be split and to what degree each parent gets to make decisions about their child’s life. I will work to ensure your parental rights are protected while advocating for your children’s welfare.
- Child support — A number of factors are used to calculate child support payments, from each parent’s income to each child’s particular needs. I will seek an order that’s fair to all parties.
- Distribution of property — The division of your home and other assets often depends on whether property is owned by a couple or by just one spouse. I will help you seek a fair division of the marital estate.
- Division of marital debts — Both spouses may be accountable for debts accrued by the couple, or one partner may be found to be more responsible.
- Spousal support, Alimony Pendente Lite and Alimony — Whether you seek spousal support, alimony pendente lite or alimony, or must pay it, I will seek a fair and equitable determination.
With commitment and conviction, I argue for fair arrangements, always keeping in mind your best interests and those of your children.
Contact a skilled Pennsylvania divorce attorney
At Hughes, Nicholls & O'Hara, in Dunmore, I represent divorcing spouses throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania. Call me at 717-208-4864 or contact me online to schedule a consultation with me.