Home / Practice Areas / Parents Seeking Child Support

Family Law Attorney in Pennsylvania Helps Parents Seek Child Support

Skilled Pennsylvania lawyer dedicated to your children’s well-being

During divorce, your concern for your children’s financial well-being can increase the anxiety of an already painful experience. I can help you protect your children’s financial future as you divide your family into two households.

If either parent is granted physical custody, I help the parent pursue child support through an agreement or a court order. If you have joint physical custody, but earn unequal amounts, the parent earning less may be entitled to child support. I help parents:

  • Understand child support guidelines
  • Litigate child support issues
  • Enforce child support orders
  • Modify child support orders

Working with state child support guidelines

Pennsylvania law has established general child support guidelines. I strive to achieve the best possible financial solutions within the framework of these guidelines. That begins with using the discovery process to compel a full, truthful financial disclosure, so the court can calculate basic child support with accurate data. Some couples must often deal with issues beyond basic child support, such as payments for private school tuition, camp, and daycare. I work to achieve results that do justice to your children within your own financial reality.

Litigation of child support in family court

Sometimes trial is necessary for you to receive the financial support your children deserve. I am prepared to stand up for your children’s right to a financially stable upbringing.

Enforcement of child support

Both parents share the responsibility of raising their children. If your former spouse fails to abide by legal obligations for your children’s financial support, I can petition the court to enforce your child support order.

Modification of child support

The Statute provides for a three year review of an Order for child support.  There may be other changes in circumstances or income which require a modification of the Order.

Contact a Pennsylvania family law attorney you can trust

Call Hughes, Nicholls & O'Hara at 717-208-4864 or contact me online to schedule a consultation with a family law attorney in Dunmore, Pennsylvania.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form