Experienced Pennsylvania Family Lawyer Handles Divorce and Parenting Matters
Full-service firm assists individuals and families in Northeastern Pennsylvanian
Whether you are going through a divorce, or custody litigation, or facing another legal issue close to home, Hughes, Nicholls & O'Hara will seek solutions to your legal problems that protect your interests and loved ones. I am well-versed in matters of Pennsylvania family law. Parents and divorcing spouses in Northeastern Pennsylvania enlist my help to overcome some of life’s most difficult challenges, and I take pride in delivering quality representation.
Dedicated Pennsylvania attorney advocates for the best interests of children
To ensure a secure future for your children after a divorce, Hughes, Nicholls & O'Hara provides caring legal counsel and advocacy. I can help you with matters including:
- Child support — I will seek an arrangement in which you receive or pay an equitable amount of the financial support required to raise your children in a healthy, happy environment.
- Child custody — I advocate for parenting time to be divided in a way that grants a child stability and safety. I assert client’s parental rights to make decisions about how children are raised.
- Adoption — I assist clients who seek to add children to their families through adoption and step-children adoptions. I handle the legalities of this sometimes frustrating process of terminating parental rights of the absent parent.
In all of these matters, I provide knowledgeable counsel at each step to protect your children’s welfare and your rights as a parent.
Focused counselor handles divorce, spousal support, alimony pendente lite, alimony and property division matters
If you have reached an agreement with your divorcing spouse, I can prepare the Agreement to be approved by the Court. If issues can not be resolved amicably, I will advocate for your rights in court. I provide comprehensive support for:
- Divorce — I will guide you through the divorce process so that your rights are protected and you can move forward with confidence.
- Spousal support, alimony pendente lite and alimony — So that divorce doesn’t unnecessarily disadvantage one party, I will help you seek the best possible award of spousal support, alimony pendente lite and alimony whether you must pay the award or receive it.
- Property division — I will advocate for a fair allocation of your marital estate and liabilities.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — I draft and review comprehensive prenuptial and postnuptial agreements that protect your interests and can alleviate some of the stress and uncertainty should you ever divorce.
Contact a dedicated Pennsylvania family law attorney
The legal representation you choose will play an important role in shaping the terms of your divorce, custody, support, adoption or other family law matter. Call Barbara J. O’Hara, Esq. at 717-208-4864 or contact me online to schedule a consultation with me. My office is located in Dunmore.